A part of pregnancy that has been really hard for me has been feeling "pretty".
I've been a skinny person most of my life, still fitting into the clothes I brought back when I was 17!
However I have now grown far, far out of most everything I own thanks to a 15kg (33lb) weight gain so far! I don't mind the weight gain at all, because honestly I've never managed to get past 49-50kg (108lb) in the past 5 years, so putting on weight was necessary and healthy for me!
But.. it's SO HARD to find maternity clothes. I tried ordering some online via Asos, but they were HUGE - I looked like I put on a "bag" (my description of clothes that just look like nothing on). I sent them back and there concluded my online maternity clothes shopping for good.
I've found a few pieces here and there when Harman takes me out shopping, but within 3-4 weeks my expanding tummy has grown out of everything again! So my wardrobe has gone from pretty, girly and well put together to "whatever still fits!!". Sigh. Even the M-L size clothes that Harman's Mama purchased for me from India don't fit (whoops!). Oh well, my darling baby girl IS worth this! :D
As I can't really rely on clothes to make me feel pretty, then makeup it is!
Except... makeup / skin care products can contain some dangerous or just simply "we don't know if this does anything to your baby" type chemicals. :( So out goes my normal foundation, skin creams and nail polish!
After doing a bit (ok, MASSIVE) amount of research I've concluded that the following products are safe enough for me to use them (once a week or so) during pregnancy:
Maybelline Big Lash Mascara
I've been using this for year. I love that it simply washes off with hot water! :)
Mirenesse Liquid Silk Foundation
Just ordered a mini 5mL tube of this in "Mocha" - I'll let you know how it goes!
MooGoo Full Cream
For my skin and expanding baby belly! (This is WONDERFUL for the itchiness you experience as your belly grows to 10x it's usual size!).
MooGoo Skin Milk
For my face - it's a little bit heavy to use on my face, BUT I haven't found any other light face cream that can be considered pregnancy safe. So this will do for now. :)
Nicole by OPI (nail polish)
My twin sister C. got me this in "Pretty City Rose" for my birthday! I love that it's free from the usual dangerous nailpolish chemicals. It's amazing how pretty just doing your nails can make you feel!
A good guide to the chemicals you'll want to avoid during pregnancy can be found at 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic.
What are your favourite beauty tips? Do you even think about the chemicals that are in makeup and skin creams? (I must admit, I never thought about it nor cared until I was pregnant!).
I've been a skinny person most of my life, still fitting into the clothes I brought back when I was 17!
However I have now grown far, far out of most everything I own thanks to a 15kg (33lb) weight gain so far! I don't mind the weight gain at all, because honestly I've never managed to get past 49-50kg (108lb) in the past 5 years, so putting on weight was necessary and healthy for me!
But.. it's SO HARD to find maternity clothes. I tried ordering some online via Asos, but they were HUGE - I looked like I put on a "bag" (my description of clothes that just look like nothing on). I sent them back and there concluded my online maternity clothes shopping for good.
I've found a few pieces here and there when Harman takes me out shopping, but within 3-4 weeks my expanding tummy has grown out of everything again! So my wardrobe has gone from pretty, girly and well put together to "whatever still fits!!". Sigh. Even the M-L size clothes that Harman's Mama purchased for me from India don't fit (whoops!). Oh well, my darling baby girl IS worth this! :D
As I can't really rely on clothes to make me feel pretty, then makeup it is!
Except... makeup / skin care products can contain some dangerous or just simply "we don't know if this does anything to your baby" type chemicals. :( So out goes my normal foundation, skin creams and nail polish!
After doing a bit (ok, MASSIVE) amount of research I've concluded that the following products are safe enough for me to use them (once a week or so) during pregnancy:
Maybelline Big Lash Mascara
I've been using this for year. I love that it simply washes off with hot water! :)
Mirenesse Liquid Silk Foundation
Just ordered a mini 5mL tube of this in "Mocha" - I'll let you know how it goes!
MooGoo Full Cream
For my skin and expanding baby belly! (This is WONDERFUL for the itchiness you experience as your belly grows to 10x it's usual size!).
MooGoo Skin Milk
For my face - it's a little bit heavy to use on my face, BUT I haven't found any other light face cream that can be considered pregnancy safe. So this will do for now. :)
Nicole by OPI (nail polish)
My twin sister C. got me this in "Pretty City Rose" for my birthday! I love that it's free from the usual dangerous nailpolish chemicals. It's amazing how pretty just doing your nails can make you feel!
A good guide to the chemicals you'll want to avoid during pregnancy can be found at 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic.
What are your favourite beauty tips? Do you even think about the chemicals that are in makeup and skin creams? (I must admit, I never thought about it nor cared until I was pregnant!).
No comments:
Post a Comment