I finally have the CD of my wedding photos and my wedding video! Yupiee! :D
You know what that means? It's time to start blogging about my wedding!!
My first post is going to be about how Bollywood inspired my wedding lehenga.
Have you ever watched a Bollywood movie / music video and said "WOW! I love that dress" ? I have on more than a few occasions. Strangely enough, I only remembered ONE of these inspirations when I was in Ludhiana and had to make the important decisions on my wedding lehenga.
Now, Harman & I got married in a Catholic Church (I'm Catholic) and in my religion we wear white to our wedding as a symbol of innocence and purity. So my one stipulation was that my lehenga was to be pure white. I decided that silver embellishments were close enough to white and so they were allowed as well.
This meant that I would have to get a lehenga custom made - because where I went in Punjab it's quite uncommon to find a pure white design that you buy off the rack.
Anyway, back to the topic of this post! The Bollywood fashions that inspired my dress (and I only realised AFTER it was done that I had EVERYTHING I ever wanted):
1) Aishwayra Rai in Tere Bina from Guru
I never watched this movie - just saw the music video! :)
2) Tabu from Meenakshi
Again, I've never watched this movie - I saw the music video on a Bollywood Hits DVD when I was about 19.
I cannot tell you just how much I ADORE this outfit. I remember first seeing the song and telling my sisters that I HAVE to wear an outfit just like this for my wedding. Then I used to wonder how that would ever happen - I mean, I would have to marry an Indian boy! ;-) hehe.
You know what that means? It's time to start blogging about my wedding!!
My first post is going to be about how Bollywood inspired my wedding lehenga.
Have you ever watched a Bollywood movie / music video and said "WOW! I love that dress" ? I have on more than a few occasions. Strangely enough, I only remembered ONE of these inspirations when I was in Ludhiana and had to make the important decisions on my wedding lehenga.
Now, Harman & I got married in a Catholic Church (I'm Catholic) and in my religion we wear white to our wedding as a symbol of innocence and purity. So my one stipulation was that my lehenga was to be pure white. I decided that silver embellishments were close enough to white and so they were allowed as well.
This meant that I would have to get a lehenga custom made - because where I went in Punjab it's quite uncommon to find a pure white design that you buy off the rack.
Anyway, back to the topic of this post! The Bollywood fashions that inspired my dress (and I only realised AFTER it was done that I had EVERYTHING I ever wanted):
1) Aishwayra Rai in Tere Bina from Guru
I never watched this movie - just saw the music video! :)
I love the delicate embroidery and glittering feel
I loved that this dress was mostly cream/white coloured.
The neckline is very pretty!
I love the shape of this lehenga! I love her delicate bangles and the flowers in her hair!
Again, I've never watched this movie - I saw the music video on a Bollywood Hits DVD when I was about 19.
I cannot tell you just how much I ADORE this outfit. I remember first seeing the song and telling my sisters that I HAVE to wear an outfit just like this for my wedding. Then I used to wonder how that would ever happen - I mean, I would have to marry an Indian boy! ;-) hehe.
Just look at the beautiful pearls, flowers, embroidery! This is everything I ever wished for in a dress!
Love the tiny white dots on the sleeve.
Is there a more beautiful sight than a dupatta with jasmine flowers underneath? I REALLY wanted flowers under my net dupatta. :)
Overall gorgeous-ness. :D
3) Preity Zinta in Kal Ho Naa Ho (Wedding Scene)
No surprise here! This is my most favourite movie of all time! I love the wedding scene even though it's really sad.
This is the one outfit that I actually remembered when shopping for my wedding lehenga. I said "I want an edge on my dupatta and scattered embroidery all over like Preity in Kal Ho Naa Ho. All the wedding dress shop keeper ladies thought that was so cute! :)
Dupatta with a solid border and scattered sparkles!
Love the net dupatta and solid embroidered edge.
I also love the shoulder/sleeve and neckline embroidery on this outfit.
So now you have an idea of my favourite "looks" - white, sparkles, pearls, delicate embroidery work, jasmine flowers, net dupatta... :D
I can't leave you without a sneak peak of my dress, can I? More details coming in the next posts!!
My dress! Photo from Keegan Wong Photography.











2 comments:
Oooh, looks lovely!
~ Shaza ~
Thanks Shaza! Your wedding recaps have inspired me to blog regularly to get mine done too. :)
Post a Comment