Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Garden - August 2012

I love gardening. I used to post pictures of the beautiful bulbs, roses and flowers that I grew back home at my parents house. 

Since my wedding my own huge garden has been very much neglected :-(  I don't seem to have the time to keep it up like I did before I was married.  So I decided to start again but in a very small scale - making sure the tiny front flower bed and porch are filled with beautiful flowers this spring! 

(There is another reason I haven't been in the garden much, I won't go into detail here, but I've been sick :-( ). 

Here is a tour of the neglected back garden.. with a rose from the front garden. 

To give you an idea of how large the garden is at our house, it's about 1/8 of an acre or 605yd squared.. 



Snowdrops!

White Camellia

Pink Camellia (the bees LOVE this plant - it sounds like a hive!!).

Impatiens.. with dead Camellia flowers.. :P

Ixia (orange flower) and Impatiens (pink flower)


The first rose of the season! It smells wonderful. I've never had a rose bloom as early as August! Usually it's October.. 

Do you have a garden? what do you grow in it? 



No comments: