Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Less than 10 days to our wedding!

Wow! LESS THAN * 10 * days until I marry H! I can hardly, hardly believe this is true. For some reason even though we had our wedding rehearsal in the Church yesterday my brain cannot comprehend that H. and I will be married in just 9 days time. It seems to wonderful to be true....

Meanwhile, life is in absolute chaos at the moment! My huge wedding to-do list doesn't seem to have decreased any! For example, our wedding reception caterer, who we met 2 weeks ago hasn't even got back with a quote yet!!! Without this quote I can't print menus, buffet signs, work out how many $ will be spent on drinks at the reception or anything... it's quite frustrating.


Anyhow, when we tried the food at the caterer's restaurant it was LOVELY! We picked an ideal menu, with no idea of what it would cost - we have planned to cut it down or amend if the amount is too much.

Entrees...
Hara Kebab
Chicken Tikka
Vege Samosas
Something else I've forgotten...

Mains
Goat Biriyani
Saag Paneer
Chicken Makhani
Lamb Bhuna
Dal Makhani

Rice, Garlic and Plain Naan
Pappadums, Raita

Desserts
Made by me and my sisters! (uh-oh, we haven't even started baking the 20+ cakes, slices and sweet things that will be needed to feed 150 guests!!).

Wedding Shoes... I have chosen new ones! The silver shoes I picked out a month ago are too hard to walk in, and I don't want to trip while walking down the aisle! So in the interests of comfort and safety (haha!) I have got ivory coloured peep toes. The colour doesn't exactly match my wedding outfit, but at this stage I cannot find white shoes and I simply do not care. No one will see my shoes, and if they do, too bad! If mis-matching shoes is my biggest worry, I don't have many worries, do I? :D (and I must add, the shoes are GORGEOUS! I love them!).

My bridal hairstylist lady rang up last week and cancelled (she is unwell) (major dramas!) except that it wasn't a big drama because she was so nice and organised that she simply transferred my booking to another equally as experienced lady.. thank goodness!!! It even looks like the new lady is quicker, so I'll get a little longer to sleep in on my wedding day instead of being awake at 4am... perhaps I can sleep in until 5am (this is of course, presuming that I can sleep at all the night before the wedding.. I might just be far too excited).

Just sitting here writing this post is surreal. I think back to 2005 when I started this blog and didn't even know H. But ever since the start of 2006 he has been such a part of my life (or a part of my heart, at least). :) I am going to try and take time out from the craziness of the coming week to sit back and reflect on how amazing it is that we have got this far...

2 comments:

Afreen said...

I just discovered your blog and started goign through it and I just Like it !!!! you are now married so Congratulations !! but it will be great to go over the posts you wrote while going through all the preaprations and stress !! congratulations once again !

Mary said...

Thanks Afreen :) nice to see your comment!!

Hopefully I will start updating about the wedding soon (just waiting on pro pics from my photographer).

Mary