Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dreams

Back when I was younger (around about the time I started this blog in 2005), I would often dream of what my engagement proposal moment would be like.

My favourite scenario involved "him" meeting me at an airport (perhaps coming from overseas) and when we met he would propose right there, in the arrivals lounge!

This was before I met H. hehe! :) I must admit that every time I walk into an airport, I still think about this crazy proposal dream. :)


The next proposal dream was a little later on, in 2007. I was attending college for the first time away from home. I simply loved walking around the cricket oval at the university grounds. Especially with friends, at night time, with a warm breeze blowing and stars twinkling overhead. :) I would still LOVE this proposal story... even though of course, it won't happen. :)



In 2009, after I had met H. I had yet another proposal dream. I would love to have a proposal while sitting next to the river - it's gorgeous down there and that would be perfect. :)

Out of all my scenarios, I like #2 best. On the cricket oval. That would be SOOOOO romantic.

However, I don't need to even think about this any more! Because now that our engagement date is set I realised that there won't even be a traditional proposal. This is happy and sad at the same time for me. Sad because I've dreamed for ages about whoever loved me asking me to marry them one day, in private - just two of us. Happy because I don't need to wait and find out when I'm getting engaged! I know the date, I know the person, I know the place. I just don't know the exact time of day (yet).

Isn't it strange how life turns out? Sometimes some big moments are totally different than you would have ever imagined. However things turn out, I am hoping very hard that H. can take a few minutes sometime before our engagement to offically ask me to marry him. :)





No comments: