(Did I really just type that? :) Wow! it's real! Wow! finally it's our turn!).
Our window-shopping for engagement rings in the city went really well. H. was actually expert at picking out the style of ring that I loved. At every window display we stopped at he got me to look at all the rings and then tried to guess which one I liked best, and why I liked it.
We eventually went inside a jewellery shop and got to try on rings. I told the salesman "I want a very delicate ring with a small stone". I have tiny fingers (size J 1/2 on the ring charts) and large rings just overwhelm them.
My favourite style ring ended up being this one:
However my engagement ring will be a complete surprise as H. is picking it out while he's in India for 8 weeks (he's over there right now). Yay! I would love to have an Indian Engagement ring. Meanwhile I'm looking in Australia for an engagement ring for H. He was quite shocked at how "plain" Aussie Men's ring styles are. They are typically available in two styles: gold or silver. H. was shocked as Indian men tend to wear jewels on their rings! We did come across a lovely gold/silver mix ring that H. liked... He'll also look around in India and send me photos if he comes across a style he likes better.
H. is also in discussion with his Mama and Sister (Didi) as to the logistics of our engagement. It will be during the period of September 17th - September 22nd. They are unsure whether to hold it at H's house (perhaps too old), my House (they haven't seen it) or hire a function room. I think the function room might be a little too big as we are only having immediate family attend which will total ~20 people.
Exciting times! I can hardly wait until September!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment