I haven't updated this blog with much frequency at all since I moved out of home... Keeping house by yourself combined with work (specifically marking SO MANY student assignments) keeps me so busy I just don't have the energy to blog.
Life at the moment is going well overall. But I simply can't get marriage off my mind. Now that my parents (and H's parents) have given the 'you can get engaged one day pending XYZ conditions' we are both really keen to get going.
However, the logistics of making this happen are sometimes overwhelming. H. and I don't get to meet up very often as it is (once per week for ~2 hours or less!) so we simply haven't been able to coordinate schedules to even see each other, much less have a chat with the priest to start our engagement preparation. Fingers crossed that things ease off soon once H. is done with his Master's degree.
All things going well, the plan is to get engaged this September, when H's parents are in Australia for his Master's graduation ceremony. H's sister and her husband will also be over for that, so the timing would be good.
Then, we are HOPING like crazy that we can get everything organised to get married in December. Except that my church requires ~ 6 months notice for a wedding, and that makes our deadline the start of June! and June is next week!
I'm sure we'll look back on this time and laugh, but at the moment it's all a bit stressful. After 5 1/2 years we are both more than ready to get this engagement and marriage started! :)
PS. who still reads this blog? leave a "Hi" and your blog URL (if you have one) in the comments below as I would love to hear from you! that includes lurkers! :)
4 comments:
Hi, good luck with your plans! :-)
Ashwin :) wow you are still reading. I thought I might have lost all readers after being very bad at updating my blog. :P Will try and be more frequent from now on.
Hope all is going well with you as well. :)
Still reading Mary - your blog still there on my feeder subscription list:-)))
Congrats and wish you both all the very best!
Keep posting - talk cricket someday. I miss that bit on your blog:-)
-Minal (www.grangergab.com / thecorridorofcertainty.com)
@ Minal
Yay! :) I pop into your blog every so often too. I must set up a feeder subscription (have been too lazy to do that up until now).
I should blog about cricket again, you are right. My love of cricket has been overrun recently by a busy life.. I do have an idea for a good post though. :)
Post a Comment