Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A walk down memory lane

I've just cooked a delicious Palak Paneer for dinner! yummy! I LOVE PANEER! :D it was lovely, just slowly cooking dinner and drinking chai. Whenever I cook dinner for the family I often dream about the future when one day I'll be cooking dinner at my own house for my own husband and family.... lovely thoughts!


Yesterday I came across some old song playlists on our family PC. Wow! what a trip down memory lane. Each song reminds me of different stages in life so far.

Hanson - Mmm Bop


This was all the rage when I was 11 years old! I remember girls I used to swim with were either on the 'Hanson' side or the 'Spice Girls' stage. I listened to neither band myself, but remember this song was played everywhere at that time!



Backstreet Boys - The Shape of My Heart / As Long as You Love Me


This was the craze when I was around 14-15 years old (WOW 10 years ago?!). I used to listen to these songs in between swimming training for 5 hours each day. I would dream of falling in love one day and finding the perfect person to marry. :-)


Vanessa Amorosi - Shine


She sang at the Sydney Olympics - I was 14 years old.. it was FANTASTIC! I am a huge sucker for a song put to inspirational sporting moment.






2 comments:

Minal said...

I think every kid born in the 80s must've loved those songs!!!
Btw another huge favourite from Vanessa Amrossi is "Absolutely Everybody" brilliant song! Thanks for bringing back some cute memories and hope u doing gr8 and enjoy that paneer!

Mary said...

@ Minal - yes I think so!! I love 'Absolutely Everybody' as well. The Australian music video version was so funny too!

I've been fine! At the moment am very excited about meeting H's mother for the first time this weekend! How are you? still in Dubai? :-)