Monday, September 21, 2009

When I graduate...


Well I've been extremely quiet here on my blog recently, because of.. yes, you guessed it - studies!

I have just 8 weeks to go before I've completed all the requirements for my degree, which I should achieve with a grade percentage of around about 85% - pretty good for someone who has never done a day of formal schooling in their lives (I think so, anyway, for although, I do see it
as an advantage, because 1) I love studying because I haven't had to do it for 12 years before coming to uni, and 2) because homeschooling was so self-directed like uni study, that I've been practicing for this my whole life).

Anyway, that wasn't really the point of this post. I was sitting on the bus taking my usual 1-hour trip to uni and thinking back over what really inspired me to go to uni and get a degree, as my parents never, ever pushed me in any way - if I wanted something, I could decide and do it myself, they would love me whether I never studied or gained several PHDs ;) :)

As I was thinking, I realised that the one, big, overwhelming reason that I wanted to study for a degree was this:
(me + beautiful flowers from H. two years back).

Yes... I wanted to study for a degree so I could get a bunch of flowers when I graduated! Whenever study has been tough for these past four years, I've closed my eyes and thought of graduating and getting a pretty bunch of flowers!!! When I'm done, the awards I won won't matter, the grades won't matter, the new knowledge won't matter, and the BA of Media + Info won't matter.. I'll be dreaming of flowers... :)


*Note, if I don't get any flowers when I graduate (highly, highly probable, since no one else knows the only reason I studied was to receive flowers at graduation ;), then I'll still be happy - it's the lovely thought of it that I've enjoyed the most these past 4 years).

** and yes, I guess this whole post does mean that I am crazy! :)

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh no! Everyone has their dreams! Hold on to them!