Thursday, January 08, 2009

Happy New Year etc.

Happy New Year everyone! I can't believe it is already 8 days into 2009! WOW! and that was the first time I've written '2-0-0-9' this year.


Anyway, I've been busy relaxing this holidays - my typical day so far has consisted of waking up at around 7.30am (lazy I know - compare this to 4.50am wake up my entire teenage years!), then watching the cricket, checking email and cricket news and eating breakfast until about 8am. After that watching more cricket or sewing until 10am, then I get ready for the beach - get my bathers on, sunblock, find my goggles and towel. I watch more cricket and/or chat then at 11.10am go to the beach, swim anywhere between 4 and 8 laps of the beach and then play for the remainder of the hour. Get home around 1pm and eat lunch, then enjoy the afternoon. Seems like a pretty perfect and relaxing summer so far. :)


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


My good - no, make that dearest friend H. will be arriving in Australia in 31 days time. Oh my goodness - to say that I am excited is an understatement. We've been the best of friends for almost 3 years now, and all that totally online. I simply can't wait to finally meet him in person. Stay tuned, there will be a picture on this blog of that momentous occasion for sure :)


I think it's going to be quite strange to meet him though, I mean, if you have been corresponding on an almost daily basis with someone through chat, voice, email, text and proper written mails for 3 years, you obviously know them really well. But we've never met. Has anyone reading this ever met someone they first 'met' online? What was it like? tips and advice etc. are appreciated :P :)


If you want to read more about me and H. feel free to check out our other blog - "Punjab2Perth". Although it's pretty much only me and H. commenting so far, feel free to write us any message you want there. :)




* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


New Year was spent making a pretty new dress - Seeing as thought the fashion trend this summer is to wear dresses, and I LOVE pretty clothes so much, I thought it was time to get sewing. I picked up a pretty Burda pattern and some bright flowery material at the local material/craft shop and started making it on New Year's Eve. It took around 3 afternoons to sew, which I enjoyed doing while sipping jasmine tea and watching the cricket on TV.






4 comments:

Tarun said...

U sewed a dress along with watching cricket and sipping tea ...
cool

Mary said...

@ Tarun.. yeah I did.. :) I hadn't sewn anything for a few years, so it was fun.

Rebel Heart Asa said...

Mary, I did meet my Japanese penpal online, before I met her in person and the hilarious thing was that I went to pick her up at the airport and didn't recognize her at all :) in spite of all the pictures we had exchanged..

Mary said...

@ Asa

Wow! that would have been funny :) :) I'm hoping that won't happen to me! (lucky we have a small airport so there won't be many people to pick from :P :)