Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hum Tum

It's raining outside - warm summer rain. I would go walking in it, but it's no fun unless you are with someone. Until that someone is here, enjoy my favourite 'rain' song:

Hum Tum...

Don't you love how they show them in love at all stages throughout life? very, very sweet.


I first heard this song at an outdoor Bollywood Film Festival in Perth almost 3 years ago (the only way we can see Bollywood on the big screen here!) it was a beautiful hot hot hot summer night, with the sounds of a summer thunder storm rumbling in the distance. Me, Cl. and Gran were waiting to watch Kal Ho Naa Ho under the stars.. and the theatre played the music to Hum Tum in the background (although I didn't know it was Hum Tum then, I just liked to it). Watching Kal Ho Naa Ho outside was unforgettable.. and it nearly poured with rain on us too. I vowed then and there that one day I would be back at that outdoor theatre to watch a movie with my future husband (I didn't know who that would be!). Little did I know, I had messaged that (possible) person for the first time just 4 days before......

8 comments:

Rebel Heart Asa said...

Ah, Hum Tum is indeed a wonderful song and you are an ideal Bollywood fan, Mary. :)

I can't wait to watch some latest movies when I'm home. I'm planning on watching Ghajini (Amir Khan)probably a first day first show!! and SRK's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi..

Anonymous said...

How about "koi na koi chahiye" from the movie........deewana??

i luv this song :)

Arvind said...

Ahh.. Bollywood sure makes some good Rain songs..

try these

bhaage re man - Kareena
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=A8eW49tdn54&feature=related

Shahrukh Madhuri
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=InLAVDeJoh8

Aamir Khan
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=zZi0YP02HD0

Mary said...

@ Asa

I've heard about Ghajini - was it a good movie? and I'm sooooo very jealous that you get to watch Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi!! I will only get to see it once the DVD is released here in Australia.. :(

@ Anonymous

I've never heard of Koi Na Koi Chahiye..I'll check it up on YouTube and report back with my view on it! :)

@ Arvind

Thank you! I'll check them out!

Mary said...

@ Anonymous

Koi na Koi Chahiye was funny! I wouldn't call it romantic though (that's just me!) :)

@ Arvind

had seen the second and third suggestions of yours already - the Kareena song was beautiful though - thank you!

Arvind said...

I remember a song in Fanaa starring Aamir and Kajol.. nice one.

another Aamir song.. 'ankhon se tune ye kya keh diya' from Ghulam..

yet another Aamir song 'jo haal dil ka' from Sarfarosh..

P.S. this is not an Aamir fan with a Ghajini hair cut.

Mary said...

@ Dink

Hahah.. thank you for those song suggestions! Even though I usually hate watching Aamir Khan :P (I'm a SRK fan!) I'll check out those songs. And I haven't seen or heard anything about Ghajini (except that it's a movie starring Aamir and Ghajini is the name). :P

Arvind said...

you dont have to hate Aamir for being better than SRK :p Even I dont feel like 'praising' SRK movies but he does manage to act well in a few movies lol...