I woke up this morning to an incredibly sweet and cute video from H. He had noticed the moon was 'smiling' with 2 stars and the half-moon shape making up a nice picture! I loved the video and watched it several times over... especially cute is the quick eyebrow rise H. makes at the start of the video. After almost 3 years apart, I can't believe we'll be meeting in around 76 days...
* * * * * *
After lunch we tagged our Christmas trees. Yes - you did read that right trees plural! we decided we love our Christmas tree so much that we wanted to put one outside our house this year too. When you think about that, it really does make a lot of sense, because we are rarely indoors at this time of year, so having a beautiful indoor Christmas tree is kind of wasted.
Tagging the trees was great fun! We went out to a block (around 10 minutes drive from home), where an old retired couple grow Christmas trees each year, and sell them for $25 each -giving the profits to charity. We got a tree from them last year, but I didn't get to come along as I was working, so this time I got to have the fun of comparing 100+ trees to work out which one(s) were the most perfect for us!! In the end Little Brett Lee found a tree, stuck a big stick in it and declared that this was the tree for us! Cl. and Ce. found the other tree. I, being the crazy person that I am, kept walking into spiderwebs the entire time I was looking for trees! argh!! :P
* * * * * *
I got the usual 'congratulations' letter from uni today - the board of examiners sends out a letter to all students who score an aggregate of 75% or better across all their units each semester. It said the usual stuff about recommending that I do an honours year (so I would have to study for 2 more years!) blah blah blah. I actually feel that it would be better to skip honours, despite the fact that I'm great at studying, because I really want to have a "real" life. You know, get married and have kids etc. ;) lol. and get a real job. I can always go back and do honours/PhD later in life, maybe when I'm 40... 50.. and have had a life for a while.
Funnily enough, I haven't even recieved my end of semester marks yet (they are released at 5pm tomorrow, so the board of examiners knows something I don't ;) ).
* * * * * *
No comments:
Post a Comment