Oh wow.. that got me thinking.. would I really wake up at midnight on my birthday just to open a present? hehe.. common sense prevailed and by the time I had written an excited email to H., my Mum had removed the 'customs information' on the outside of the package which may have given away what the present was! she also hid the package from me! :D hehe.. I'm not sure if I was more excited or she was!
I got home from work at around 9.45pm that night (the 13th) by that time I was really over-excited.. caught up with H. on yahoo and he said he would give me a call at midnight! :O luckily I warned him that I would probably sleep through anyone calling me at that time of night - and unfortunately I was correct. It would have been really fun to have woken up and heard happy birthday wishes right on midnight! :)
Anyway, H. did send me a text message after I failed to answer the phone, and I woke for no particular reason at 1.40am and read it! :D that was the end of my nights sleep.. from then on I woke every 1/2 hr till 6am when I actually got up out of bed.
So I rushed out to the kitchen, Mum was there.. she wished me happy birthday first :) then I saw some of my pretty birthday cards.. and decided to check on all my emails/orkut scraps .. wow.. I was blown away by the number of people wishing me! :)
Pretty quickly 7.30am came around.. time to wake up my twin sister Clare and open our presents! yipeeee! :D
I got lots of very lovely & thoughtful presents from my family.. they were:
A block of chocolate, a pedometer from measuring how many steps I take each day (hehe! I love anything that measures me).. some beautiful 'princess' white pjs.. a whole new set of sheets, pillowcases, quilt cover, a gorgeous 18-carat gold bracelet with a heart on it, and a gift card to buy a webcam! :)
Then it was time to open the package... I left it till last as I was most excited about it! :)
so I opened it up.. and found a bag with 'the mall' written on the front.. opened the bag and inside.... wow! a beautiful red-coloured Indian skirt.. and a 2-page letter :) hehe.. and wait... I had dropped something completely out of the package.. there was this thing wrapped up in Hindi-newspaper pages.. a lovely 'kara' bangle.. :) Thanks H.... I was shocked to even get a gift :) let alone something I loved so much.
Next part.. coming soon!

2 comments:
A bit too much belated, but anyway- "A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to you. I am sure you have enjoyed your day and its prizes anad surprises to the max, as is clear from ur blog.
Wow, seems like you really enjoyed. Look at me, even i am getting exited out here
Common, we wanna hear more.....
kicw tiy.....quriyr qpz
Post a Comment