Friday, September 24, 2010

An underwater ball

Last Friday, H. invited me along to his college ball.

It was held in, no AT an aquarium (it would have been fun to have a ball IN an aquarium though!).

I was so excited to go, because...

* I love getting dressed up. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
* I have never, ever seen H. dressed up, ever!
* I love getting dressed up (oh, did I already mention that?).
* Lots of our friends would be there.
* I love looking at fish swimming around.
* Finally H. and I are in the same country! we can sometimes do things like this together! :-D


I wore a pretty white lengha choli that H. got me almost 2 years ago from India. I was deciding between wearing that and a beautiful navy blue & gold saree that H. had also brought me from India. In the end I decided on wearing the lengha choli as it would be a little easier to put on!

Time for some pics...



Posing with one of the silly prop umbrellas the photographer brought along...


With friends S. and H-H.


With the glow-in-the-dark jellyfish, and drinking orange juice & cool drink (yes, we don't drink!, even at a ball where everyone else goes psycho having a huge drink-a-thon).


Outside the aquarium (as a side note, H. said when we were walking in, "so, what do I tell my college friends who have never met you. Can I say you are my girlfriend?" Me: "No way! let's pretend we are cousins!!" H: "NO WAY! come on... " Me: "Ok, best friends! " H: "Ok... GIRL friend". LOL he knows I hate the word "girlfriend" as here in Australia it usually means someone who is a temporary person in your life, until the next best thing comes along. So it doesn't suit our relationship AT ALL. And after that teasing he made sure he didn't say the word 'girlfriend' once. :D


The highlight of the night, after not finding any food other than dried bread (trying to pass as Italian bread!) I finally found some SAMOSAS!! I literally raced over to the table and ate 4-5 before H. had realised where I had gone. Eating Indian food makes my day/night/month/year!!

No comments: