We didn't have much time to plan what was going to happen when H's Mama arrived, as H. was extremely busy in preparing for his final semester exams, while I was busy with work and finishing off my uni leadership academy course.
We decided about a week before H.'s Mama arrived that I was going to meet her on the second day she arrived, and show her around the uni with one of out mutual friends while H. arranged the first day of training for his cricket team.
I arrived at the uni by bus a little earlier than the 10.15am meeting that H. had decided upon, just so I didn't have to rush over. I was feeling SO excited and happy, and at the same time very intimidated - this was IT I was FINALLY meeting H's Mama!!
As a side note, I couldn't sleep through the night for the entire week leading up to this meeting, I kept waking each night thinking 'oh my goodness, here it is Mary, you're finally going to meet one of H's parents, for real!'. Meeting H's parents has been a big wish of mine for a long time. :-)
Anyway, I arrived at the cricket oval where we had arranged to meet up a little early, so I quickly ran around to the uni guild and used the toilet and fill up my water bottle. When I came back after 5 minutes I spotted H. and a lady in a beautiful pink outfit salwar kameez standing next to him, at that moment I could have frozen on the spot and RAN! I was sooooooooooo scared.. what if I say something stupid? she doesn't even know that I might be her future daughter-in-law! oh-no! I have to show her around all day!! While all these thoughts were swirling around in my head I was walking towards H. and smiling, they eventually caught sight of me (his Mama did first) and I stepped forward to introduce myself to H's Mama. When she heard my name and shook my hand she gave me a big smile. Again, I could have fainted on the spot but managed somehow to keep myself together! H. casually told her a funny story about our first meeting at the uni, and then left his Mama with me to chat.
I was thinking SOOOOOO many thoughts at this moment, but the overwhelming one was relief, his Mama was so nice! she wasn't scary! she loved to talk! and she was wearing pink just like I was, and she kept looking at me and smiling. :-) :-)
At that moment my phone rang....
No comments:
Post a Comment