Monday, May 03, 2010

FOUR years!


H. and I were together on April 30th for the first time ever.

What is so special about April 30th?

It's the day we first fell in love with each other, way back in 2006. :-)

Since then, we've been in a long distance relationship for 3.7 years, and close by to each other for about 3 months (at the end of last year).

So, it was really, really nice to be able to celebrate the day with each other in person! Not via email, not via online chat, or phone call. In PERSON! Last year we were in the same country, but he was studying hard and so was I, so it wasn't practical to travel to see each other. I got some lovely orchids from H instead, which lasted for 1 month!

We had fun by watching an episode of one of H's favourite old tv shows, called "Full House", watching a slideshow I made for H., sorting out his cricket team's gear for the coming season, having a picnic at his home cricket ground, and driving down to the ocean to eat icecream and talk! I loved every single moment!

The night before I had a uni event in the city, so after that finished H. took me out to an Indian restaurant for dinner. It was called 'Bollywood' and was a gorgeous pink colour inside! H. had already eaten dinner (he only realised half-way through eating that 'oh no! I'm going out to dinner with Mary tonight!), so we just ordered Mattar Paneer, do naan, ek aloo paratha and kuch yummy lassis. I loved it that they had Bollywood music videos playing on a big screen - while H. loved it because he could finish off my lassi if I couldn't drink it all (which I couldn't!).

While I was travelling back home (a 2.5hr train journey from where H lives), I was deep in thought staring out of the window of the train... my heart was aching, but this time with a different type of ache.. it wasn't because I was just missing H., it was because I want to be with him forever, to wake up each morning and see his smile, to go to sleep each night in his arms, have cute children, and to spend my whole life with him, Sigh. I must be at that stage of life where I just want to get married... it's lovely (because we are both thinking the same thoughts) and terrible (who knows when that time will come with parental approval etc) at the same time.

All in all, it was a fantastic day. Happy 4th 'I love you' day, H!

No comments: