Friday, January 08, 2010

Photography

Now that I have graduated from uni and never have to spend a beautiful day inside studying again (yay!), I've decided to re-take-up (is that a word? no.. didn't think so) photography.

Around 10 years ago I was certain that I would become a famous sports photographer... although I don't hold onto that dream anymore, I still want to become good enough at photography that I can sit back and admire my work, and also be able to capture amazing photos of my family (once I am married etc.). :)


Today my aim was to try and capture the beautiful light that filters onto the hydrangea plant that lives on my front veranda..


I love the golden pattern that the lemon grass plant is creating in the background of this shot.


Loving the delicate pink and green shades in this shot.


A vintage-type photo with a beautiful Indian bangle.

Do you like photography? and, what passions did you pursue after finishing uni? (if you are still studying, what do you wish you had time to do?).


2 comments:

Diwakar Sinha said...

Aha...so I am the first to commment :)
Photography is my interest as well so to say...got myself a digi v recently...need to get a manual camera for experimental shots..n yeah I love taking shots with ppl in them.

Mary said...

@ Diwakar

Hey great to hear that you have a digital camera - if you experiment you can get some good shots even if it's not a manual. http://digital-photography-school.com/ has some good tips too. :)