Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Back Home Again

Well I'm back! I've been snowed under with uni work (I finished on the 19th of November), then I rushed back home (I've been living at a uni college), and promptly started catching up on massive amounts of missed sleep (I started sleeping 14hrs each night!!).

Since then, I've been finishing up on my uni tutoring work, and trying to just relax and take it easy. Unfortunately a bad cold struck has struck me these past few days, but I seem to be past the worst of it.

Anyway, I wanted to show you what I've been working on:



A saree blouse! I'm currently making up the pattern in calico (a cheap material), before I make it out of the beautiful bit of material that came with this saree:




What do you think? Does the style of blouse I'm making match this saree?

4 comments:

Abhi said...

Hi....
U really look gud in Saree!
And blouse is also nice :)

I am curious to know from where u got draftings of such Indian dresses??? :P

still waiting for ur b'day post :(

Mary said...

@Abhi - thank you! Well I just made up the saree blouse pattern.. it's quite easy as I've been sewing for years.

I'll do a birthday post soon. :)

anki said...

wow u look lovely in a saree...>>> no1 like a desi girl!!!!!!

Mary said...

@ Anki - Thank you!! :-)