Sunday, March 29, 2009

Rottnest Trip

Well I've been missing for ages now! as other bloggers would probably know, the busier your life gets offline, the quieter is gets online! I've spent the last month or so since I posted really busy with uni work - and a short holiday with my family, grandparents, and H. at Rottnest Island.



It was so great to take H. to see Rottnest Island with me, as it's probably my favourite place in the whole world (oh, and Rome and Assisi are my other equal favourites!). I travelled to meet H. in the city, and being the impatient person I am, decided to walk up to the bus port to find him, instead of waiting where we agreed to meet... suddenly, I see the back of someone looking very H-like walking down the opposite side of the road - ahhhh! it was him! I rang him, got him to turn around and see me, and then 3 minutes later we were together again. :)





We decided to get some lunch at an Indian restaurant in Perth (the very same restaurant that several other admirers have tried in vain to get me to go out to lunch or dinner with them at). While we were sitting there we realised this was our very first 'd-a-t-e' haha! if you can call it that. We laughed over that thought, finished up our dal + rice + other curries lunch, and went to find a bus that would take us to the port, where we would catch our ferry to Rottnest.





We eventually arrived at the port after travelling in the bus for over 1hr (we always manage to take looooooong bus rides :P), and after a quick search, found the ferry departure point, brought our tickets and waited for the ferry ride. Once inside the ferry, we were bombarded with about 7 families + their little kids all talking loudly about their trip. It was quite funny! We spent the trip looking out the window into the beautiful ocean, and trying to work out how long it would take to get to Rottnest. We arrived on shore at about 4pm (our trip took 30mins longer than usual.. what is it with me, H. and trip delays?), and quickly rang my family to check where they were. Once we found out where 'home' was on the island, we met up with my younger sister Ce. and went to hire some bikes (Rottnest Island has hardly any cars. .the only mode of transport is bikes!).



From bike hire, we rode the short distance to my families cottage, and worked out what we would want to do first.. I wanted to go for a swim and a ride, and so did H. We rode down to a gorgeous beach called the Basin.. and swum around for a while, and then followed my Mum and Dad for a while to see the 'Geordie Bay' settlement. We lost them quickly (oops!) and ended up on a deserted beach and walked up and down, talked, and admired the beauty of everything!




Me and H. at 'Fay's Bay' near the Geordie Bay Settlement.

We finished up the first night with a lovely dinner of BBQ fish with at home with everyone. Then, after dinner I went for a walk with H. it was beautiful.. we ended up sitting on a bench admiring the lights shining over the ocean..

1 comment:

Abhi said...

ey kaash ke hum hosh mein ab aane na payein..... :P