Saturday, November 08, 2008

Introducing Australian Music

I suddenly realised while chatting with a friend, that all the Australian music that I love to listen to would not be very well known outside of this country! So it's time to do a series of blog posts to introduce my very favourite Aussie songs, singers, and groups.

First up, the song "Beds are Burning" by the group recently voted as the best Australian band in history: Midnight Oil. The song is about the injustices that the European settlers did to the original Australians, the aboriginal people. The chorus line is catchy and nice, the other part is a bit "rocky" but I like it because it's a classic Australian song.




Next, a beautiful song by Australian singer Christine Anu - "My Island Home"
I remember first hearing this song as a 14 year old when the 2000 Olympic games were held in Sydney. It's a very beautiful song, and definitely one that describes how Australians feel about their home country.

2 comments:

SM said...

hi

like the music ,about history the song is good .i also like steve waugh he is one of the greatest cricket player and i like his other side which very few people know his social service in india


see you later
mit

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

@ sm

Thanks for your comment. Steve Waugh was an awesome player! I also greatly admire his work in India.