Friday, February 01, 2008

Baby talk...

Me and younger brother 'Little Brett Lee' as he likes to be called, were sitting outside eating lunch. The conversation turns to his cousins, and I explain how his cousins Dad's are our Mummy's siblings. I go even further and explain that our Grandparents are their parents. He loves this and starts thinking....

LBL (Little Brett Lee) "Mary, when you get married, will Mummy & Daddy come down with you?"

Me "Uh yeah..." *thinks.. what does 'come down' mean?

LBL "I will only have my Mummy come down with me, I love her the most. not Daddy just Mummy.

Me "Umm ok! do you mean 'come down to see your wedding when you are married?'

LBL "No, I mean, come down with me to the priest..."

Me 'Ohhhhh! I know. you mean walk down the aisle with you!'

LBL "Yeah!!" *he smiles happily*

Me "Did you know Mummy is the oldest child like I am"

LBL 'Wow! she was young when she got married though!" *smiles again*

Me "Yeah I guess! I am only 22. Maybe I should get married soon??"

LBL 'You were a baby in Mummy's tummy one day.."

Me "Yes I was, she was really fat beacuse me and Cl. were both babies at the same time!"

LBL "How are babies born?"

Me "They are just born!"

LBL "Oh, I guess they just come out of peoples poo-bottoms... " (eeek.. sorry guys this is what he said! :P)

Me 'Ummm.. yeah they do" *thinking: great where does he get his ideas from?*

LBL "You came out of Mummy that way - ha ha ha ha ha!"

Me "So did you!!!.......... oh hang on, no I think you were cut out of her stomach, thats yucky hey"

LBL *keeps on laughing* "No, thats ok, but you came out of her bottom.. hahahaah"

Me "Hmm everyone does I can't help it!!!"

LBL *Is thoughtful for a minute* "Awww.. even fat mummies have babies some days!"

Me 'Yeah!" *thinks of the time he asked a lady when she was having her little 3 month olds twin - cause he thought she was so fat she forgot that there was another baby in there!!!*

LBL 'Even babies have babies!"

Me "Yeah! not until they are grown up and married though! *smug smile.. that should stop him*

LBL "One day you can have kids!" *starts laughing and laughing*

Me *silence*

LBL "They can be little Indian kids Mary" *smiles again*

Me "That would be nice! one day I'll marry a nice Indian and we can have Indian kids.. what do you think? is that ok?"

LBL "Maybe you can stay home with Mummy and me forever!" *looks sad*

Me "Then I can't get married and have kids! Mummy had to leave her home to do that"

LBL "Ok. I'll get married too. And I'll have Indian kids too!" *ahhh problem solved!*

LBL "But where will they come from?" *looks confused, then looks to the sky*

LBL "I'll wait for them to come from the sky!" *smiles again and says he is going now*

Me "Ok!" *phew!!!*


Motto of the story - Don't talk about kids with kids! :P

6 comments:

arjun said...

A kid's thought is 40% logic and 60% fantasy! They are very nice as babies, but as they get older, around 2 years they become really cranky and then they grow! It would be so much fun if they remained as babies :-)

Mary said...

@ Arjun.

Hahaha.. Actually I seem to prefer kids the other way around. Once they get to 3 or 4 years old they are really fun to talk to! (like this!) My little brother in in this conversation is 6.... he's always been great fun though.. from a baby through till now :)

Anonymous said...

Kids. You got to love them.

Sherry said...

Yeah...kids can be cranky and cute at the same time. :) Sometimes it's so darn difficult dealing with them..my 2 year old sis always 'remixes' the nursery rhyme "johnny Johnny" with another lullaby in Hindi...and is proud of her 'composition'. :D Sheesh.

Tarun said...

Hmm ...
The last line summed up the whole things smartly.

You are tagged.

You queueing up to see ODI in Perth
?

Mary said...

@ Vinku - yeah! some are very cute :) and welcome to my blog!

@Sanyukta - I agree! kids love to 'mess' things up and love their new ideas!

@Tarun - ok I'll take the tag on. The Perth ODI was great! a Gilly 100!! :D