Well 2008 is now more than a week old, and I still haven't made any New Year's resolutions. I'm not sure if this is good or bad, as I usually make a ton of resolutions and accomplish almost all of them! when I was younger (between, say 8yrs and 14yrs) I would make silly resolutions because they were about things I had no control over like:
* 'Win the most sections at the piano competition'
* 'Be invited to perform at the Gala concert for piano'
* 'Be selected on a swimming team'
* 'Win the most events at the gymnastic championships
* 'Grow taller (this goal was set when I was 17yrs old, and maybe I had reached my maximum adult height - but guess what..? I grew from 157cm to 160cm that year) :)
All the above goals were silly, but I still managed to achieve them year after year! :P any external pressure on me makes me rise to the occasion and really perform well. whether it be
someone saying I can never accomplish something, or just writing it down and saying I will have this finished by next year. Without these goals I start many huge projects and never finish them :P
I also used to make a few more achieveable goals like:
* 'Score an A in my music exams
* Swim certain times in races (37 seconds for 50m freestyle for example)
* Own 5 more dolls ( :P :P :P I LOVED dolls! I must admit that I played with dolls until I was 15-16yrs old!! :P ) don't laugh!!
Last year I achieved a few of my goals, and didn't achieve some others..
I can tick off
* Studying at university for a whole year, and saving up + organising to stay away from home for 1/2 the year at college. (if you know me this was a HUGE amazing step to take, just to leave home for a while and have no one to rescue me while travelling around in a big city).
* Improving my swimming
And I didn't achieve
*Learning to drive. This was put off cause I moved to Perth, and used public transport. My parents figured if they taught me how to drive now, by 6 months time I would have forgotten! so what was the use! :P
*Learning Punjabi. This was being slack on my behalf. I did learn a bit of another language though - Italian! cause of a surprise trip to Europe I took during the year.
*Meeting H. This was the goal I most wanted to achieve and I still failed to do it. Oh well, we actually made it to the same time zone as each other, the same continent, and were within 3 or so hours travel of each other. but we just couldn't manage to meet. This was so upsetting at the time, but now I am fine with it. of course I would have loved to meet, but waiting and learning patience never harmed anyone! :)
So, 2008's resolutions:
* Learn Bollywood dancing, and enter in a dance competition
* Learn Punjabi
* Successfully finish my 2nd year of Uni study
* Keep fit and healthy
* Be organised and neat
* Enjoy time with my friends (I hardly do this! so bad of me... I always say I have to study or something...)
*Meet H!!!!! :) I am coming to India in November if you are there. that is certain :)
Happy New Year everyone! What resolutions do you find the easiest and hardest to keep? comment and tell me! :D
- Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment