"Look Mary! A beautiful package! wow look.. it's so pretty - who did this?, it's gorgeous!"
I look up from my computer screen and say 'OMG wow.. it's from HIM!!!" I quickly grabbed the package off Mum and proceeded over to the kitchen table, cleared some room (the package was quite large) and started admiring the pretty flowered paper, and the lovely writing on the address/to from etc. I started opening the package.. and after I had unwrapped the box... I came across a box covered in packing tape! I was getting really excited by now and tried to start ripping the tape off... ufff.. not working! so I frantically hunted from some scissors and started chopping away. I commented to Mum "hey, he is someone who puts more tape and wraps presents that are harder to open than I do" (I have notoriety at home for making my presents extremely hard for the receiver to open :P ) After 5 minutes I had cracked open the box, and the first thing I saw was.....
A Princess Crown! I could have died on the spot, here was someone, who while knowing me extremely well for almost 2 years, had (in my view) not seen me in my 'at home' mode of acting like a complete and utter princess and didn't know (or did you H???) my complete love of Disney princesses when I was younger.. so much so, my Mum still buys me anything that is themed with Disney princesses and I am 22! :O :P Anyway, I was still in shock.. I was like "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! how the hell did he know how *I* act?? hehe.. I loved the crown, it was from Disneyland Paris and has flashing lights. You picked the right girl if you wanted a princess H ;)

Next I spotted some gold Punjabi Jutis!!!! :O :D :D how did he know I would love Indian shoes? Mum immediately said 'Wow! he got leather through Australian customs! and dived dived into the to/from customs forms checking how he had declared it to get trough.. (no pics of the shoes yet! sorry!). I was admiring the crown and shoes and Mum says.. 'Hey, here is a bag with another letter?? and a photo or something.. I immediately grabbed that bag of her and said 'umm, I'll have that, look at my shoes! aren't they pretty?' (quick diversion! and thank god if you knew what is on the back of that pic.. no it's nothing bad, just something reeeeeally sweet! :) and if parents saw it, huh, well I would be a married girl by now ;) )

Next came my beautiful birthday card... the Arc De Triumphe, one of the only places we have both been to in the world (not together though...)

Some bangles from the Golden Temple in Amristar! yes! bangles bangles bangles :D he knows how to make me happy! :D
This set is adorable.. I mean, I bow design on a necklace! :) sooo sweet. Mum really loved it and so do I :)
This will match my gold+black saree perfectly! :)
How gorgeous.. heart earrings!!


This will match my gold+black saree perfectly! :)
How gorgeous.. heart earrings!!

Wow.. it's so beautiful...

Straight from the Netherlands to me! :)
A bangle from markets in Delhi...

Straight from the Netherlands to me! :)
A bangle from markets in Delhi...2 long long letters including a hidden message I had to decode! :) A coin of the Arc de Triumphe that I will give him when we meet.... and a bollywood-style love story written about my life..
Thank you so much H. for making my 22nd birthday memorable and dare I say it einpbrux! :D hehehe.. work out that word if you can! ;)
- Mary


5 comments:
Hey Mary,
Wow what a blog. I'm the happiest person on earth to see you so happy.
Abt the crown, i had no idea you would love it so much. Yes i knew you were a Disney fan, but the reson i bought it was because i though you would look cute in it. AND you are a princess ofcourse :)
The shoes, wow, lucky they got through the customs. This one i knew you would like. Cause they are indian :)
The bangles. i had to get something for you from Amritsar :) Same goes with the jewellry and the other bangle i got from Delhi.
The clock :) Well it just reminded me of us. Someday.......
And i must say, you are a terrific photographer!!!! The pics used by you in this website, seem as if they were downloaded from a website :)
Have fun mary.....
Hi..happy new year. :) great blog, great pics, great header...cool to see somebody so much in love with India
keep blogging. :)
@ H. I loved the crown so much. I was just watching my favourite english movie yesterday night - and in that the princess crown looks the same as mine :) :)
The clock was wonderful.. it ticks down the time till qw pew rifwrgwe! :)
Thanks for the compliments on the photography! I wanted to be a sports photographer some years back so I guess I love it!
@sanyukta - do I call you sherry? :) tell me what you prefer :)
thanks for the comments! I love your blog too!
Hey Mary........ that's a beautiful blog u've written....... :) .....such pretty pics...!! and u're among a lucky few who has somebody like ur "H"... who knows how to make u happy...!! i'm sure "H" too would love to see u smile always...!! keep smiling..... God bless you both !!! and yes... u do look like a princess with that CROWN..... :)
@ Nidhi - Thanks for you lovely comment Nidhi! :) My 'H' sure is a wonderful guy. He loved your comment too.
Hope to see you around the blog sometimes :)
Post a Comment