Friday, November 30, 2007

I'm back!

Hi everyone - I'm back! :) I have absolutely no idea if anyone is still bothered to read my blog - but since I have done 255 posts, I think I should keep on blogging, too bad if no body reads it! (note: if you are reading, please leave me a comment!)

Well my exams finished on Monday - my last exam was an IT exam; it was very simple and I worked out most of the exam in the 15 minutes reading time at the start! so the remaining 2 hours exam time were used in writing down the answers. The only question I am a little unsure about it creating a formula in excel that gives me the percentage difference between two amounts in dollars... they never taught us how to do this, so I just had to guess! :P but I think the exam went fine, and am hopeful I will finish this unit with a grade average of 90+ :)

I'm also back home from college now - yay! college got really repetitive and small after a while, it really is no fun living your whole life in a little tiny college room and studying your whole day... so I love being home with lots of people to talk to and lots of space to live in!

Next week I'm probably starting a holiday job with a local IT firm - I'll be their graphic designer and HTML/XHTML coder for some of their web design jobs. I've never had a 'proper' job, so it will be really interesting and different working in a proper office, having to wear black pants/white shirt formal type attire to work and working a 'normal' working day of 9-5 (although I'm not sure what hours I'll have.... just guessing it will be 9-5).

I had a swimming competition on the weekend! It was the day before my IT exam, so I studied all day in between races. I had a fun day.. and was apparently the 'glamour girl' of the competition :P in reference to my newly-bronzed look (courtesy of swimming outdoors and tanning easily).. lol.. anyway, my results were:
200m IM: Gold
50m Fly: Bronze
50m Back: Silver
200m Free: Gold
50m Breast: Bronze
50m Free: Silver

Apart from all this, life is really nice and slow at the moment - I have enough time to do stuff like cook, laze around, read books (yay!), and start using my Nikon 5700 to do some cool photography again..

-Mary

1 comment:

Rebel Heart Asa said...

Nice to know you are done with exams! I'm going home for Christmas too :)

It has been ages since I wrote a post on my blog too.

Keep blogging!