Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm back

Well I got back from my lovely Europe trip 2 weeks ago, and since then have been madly enrolling, planning, filling out forms and travelling up to Perth to organise myself for the start of my 'new' life - away from home, staying at college and studying on campus at Uni full time.

I've enrolled in 5 units this semester, 2 were compulsory units relating to my major, which is Internet Studies, and the other 3 were free choice, so this semester I will be doing:

* Advanced Internet Design
* Internet Media & Business
* Programming in Basic
* Digital Design
* Design Typography

I'm looking forward to each and every unit, they are all 1st year studies except for the Internet Media & Business unit, which is only supposed to be attempted by 2nd year students.. but since I had already completed the 'normal' first year units, I had no choice but to do this unit.

Today was spent shopping for lots of things that I would have forgotten to pack and bring with me to college - namely stuff like pegs, washing powder, rugs, socks, scissors, notebooks and paper! (all the important stuff!! :P) I had already completed a list of what to bring to college, and it read something like this -

*Laptop
*Laptop bag
*Laptop cords
*Card reader and memory cards
*Ethernet cable
*External CD drive
*USB key
*Digital camera & charger
*Photo board and pics of all my family & friends (who I'll miss sooooo much :( :( :( )
* Anna Karenina, a great and very large book.

I'm hoping to have myself totally organised by Saturday, so I can relax and enjoy the last few days with my family, in my house (which I haven't been away from for more than 1 month in 20 years).. and then its off to college and uni on Monday!

No comments: