Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Random happenings.

Well I'm currently working on my Hindi assignment which is due in 10 days time. It is to be written out in the form of a diary - basically practicing perfective constructions.



I was thinking about how my days are so organized I do the same thing almost each and every day. So my diary wouldn't be a great assignment. I need to invent a few awesome things I might have done :D





Anyway some 'normal' things I came up with while simultaneously watching the lovely Abhishek Bachchan (every time I see him on screen I like him that much more, I think it's the beautiful skin colour) in Kuch Na Kaho (my little brother wanted to dance to the songs, and as I was babysitting him for a while I agreed.) and of course trying to start on my assignment. By the time my Mum got home my little brother and his two young friends (3yr and 1yr old) had chucked everything all over the lounge room and were both screaming. I was a little embarrassed to realize I hadn't noticed them doing this as I was in my own dreamworld...


maine cricket khelaa ( I played cricket)
maine film dekhii ( I saw a film)
maine khana kiya ( I ate food )
maine hindi parhii (I studied Hindi)
maine kuch kapre karide (I brought some clothes)


The above Hindi is a rough draft! don't be too annoyed at me if I haven't got it all right! :P


Another thing that has been interesting is the death of popular (overseas) Australian TV personality Steve Irwin, otherwise known as the 'Crocodile Hunter' I have been amazed at how many people I know from India (for example) actually knew about this guy! wow.. the public shock in Australia has been pretty big too.



Australia launched their new ODI cricket strip for the 2006/07 season today.
In a word - 'Yukh'.
I really don't like the fact that they have turned away from the usual gorgeous 'tweety yellow' strip. And like an article on BaggyGreen.com pointed out we now join Bangladesh, South Africa, Pakistan & Kenya as countries with green as their major colour. Actually thinking about cricket has lead me around to the Ashes. There is this *particular ENGLAND cricket lover* [you know who you are ;) ] who I would love to force an Aussie-cricket shirt on! preferably with the words 'Go Aussies!' on the back! hehehe... actually I'm guessing he would look quite good in it anyway.

Oh yeah one more thing I was thinking about.. I'm so so so so excited about starting some more study next year. I have a choice between a Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Technology or a Bachelor of Arts in Internet Studies.. hmmm.. whichever I choose I can't wait to start doing it! :)

5 comments:

Dinesh Babuji said...

Your hindi has improved leaps and bounds :)

Krishna said...

Why dont u try some tamil too sis... Any ways remember i am that krishna narasimhan guy from orkut.... Totally nuts about aus cricket

Mary said...

@ Dinesh - Thanks Dinesh! :D

@ Krishna - Hey I have learnt a few words (maybe 8 or so) of Tamil :) hey its awesome you are nuts about Aussie cricket!!

Empty Noises said...

nice to read...

Mary said...

@ Chethan - Hey welcome to my blog :) thanks for your comment too..